Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend



We came down to the valley once again. Our reason for coming was for my dad. He had heart surgery last Friday. He is a champ. The surgery went great and now he has started the long recovery process. We are all just happy and grateful that it all went well and that he is going to be okay. It wasn't fun going through that experience not knowing how things would turn out and then seeing my dad afterwards and through his recovery puts life into perspective and makes you appreciate life more and the ones you love. I sure love my dad. Thank you to everyone who kept my dad and my family in your prayers and for all the love and support my family has received. We were fortunate that it happened to be Memorial Day weekend so we could spend more time. I spent a lot of my time at the hospital but we also had a good time going to Amazing Jakes for my nephew Brady's 8th birthday. That was a fun place. We had a good weekend given that everything went well with my dad and we got to have a lot of family time.

5 comments:

foreveryoung said...

I'm so glad everything went well with your dad's surgery, what a scary thing to go through! That's so nice that you are close enough to come down so often and be with your family--but just a little FYI, I'm dying for some Jenny time! :)

The Ray Family said...

I am so sorry to hear that your dad and your family had to go through that. I am so glad that he is ok. Those are scary situations that really make you appreciate life and your loved ones. Looks like you and your family had a fun weekend too. :)Love your pictures.

Brittney Smith said...

Wow, I was suprised when I heard about your dad. I'm glad everything turned out ok. I'm glad you had a good weekend with your family.

Suzy Cummard said...

I did not even know about your dad until Bro. Hamblin told us.
Our ward included him in our WARD FAST today, so I'm glad to hear he is doing well.

Tanya Kimball said...

Jenny! So glad you found us! You are so nice! Yep, I do have 2 little munchkins! How do you keep up with 3!!!! I've been checking you guys out and it sounds like you all are doing so great! I'm glad that your dad is okay. It seems weird for me to start seeing my parents go through health issues. I still picture them as being so energetic and vibrant when I did as a kid!