Sunday, November 06, 2011

His Eventful Delivery

This little guy decided to come 2 weeks early on the dot.  His birth was quite the event for Steven and I.  I had gone to the doctors that morning and all was normal.  Still at a 4 and baby looked great.  The day went on normally doing my normal house stuff not feeling any contractions or anything.  That evening at about 7:30 I started to notice that I was having contractions and they were coming more often than they had before.  I called Steven and told him that I was having contractions and joked with him that maybe tonight is the night.  All the while knowing that it wasn't because I had been through this routine before.  But I started timing them just for fun with the hopes of possibly this could be it.  They were 10 mins apart which doesn't send off any warning signals of labor because that had been my life these past weeks.  Well about an hour later they started to come every 6-7 minutes and I had a little glimpse of oh my gosh could I be in labor.  Still didn't think much about it and went on with my evening.  At about 10:00 they started coming every 5 mins and were coming on alot stronger and that's when I really started to think that this was the real thing.  We called Steven's mom just to give her a heads up that we could be going to the hospital later on that night.  I was very stubborn on not going to the hospital unless I knew for sure it was labor or if it wasn't then something had to be wrong.  About 10 mins after we called Steven's mom labor hit like no other.  I went from 5 mins apart to 2 mins apart and the worst pain I had ever felt.  I told Steven that it was time to go to the hospital.  I wanted that epidural.  Props to those who CHOOSE to go natural.  As for me I have no desire to feel that pain.  Steven called his mom and we sat waiting for her.  At about 10:30 I told Steven we are not waiting anymore.  We need to go now.  I was practically in tears.  I just kept saying I don't want to feel this anymore.  So we left before Stevens parents got there.  Halfway to the hospital my contractions went from 2 mins apart to 0 mins apart.  I was getting no break what so ever.  We got to the hospital and I could barely walk.  It was quite embarrassing having people stare at me as I tried to walk.  I got back and all I wanted was an epidural.  The nurse checked me and I was at an 8.  WHAT!  I was expecting to be no more than a six.  Then I freaked out wanting an epidural before it was to late.  The nurse was so great.  She kept assuring me that I was doing so good and that they would get me an epidural as soon as they could.  After poking me with needles and doing whatever it is that they have to do they moved me to my room and the anesthesiologist came right in.  I was so grateful.  I couldn't even sit up.  I had a constant contraction.  My Doctor arrived just as he was giving me my epidural.  With the epidural in place I turned on my back just in time to feel my water brake and then have the urge to push.  So much for that epidural.  Briggs came flying out with half a push.  His poor face got a little bruised from coming down to fast.  We got to the hospital a little after 11:00 and he came at 11:45.  I was used to being at the hospital with all my family hanging out waiting for the baby to came.  Where this time I was calling them to tell them he was here.  It all happened unexpectedly fast but the end result was still the same.  Our family was blessed with the most beautiful baby boy that we can't get enough of!        

1 comment:

The Riggs Family said...

Oh my goodness, never heard all the details, you poor girl... So happy he is here and all went well. Love you guys, he is so precious!