Monday, December 07, 2009

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! For some reason I was really looking forward to Thanksgiving this year. More so than other years past. I feel like this time of year we go a million miles an hour and the thought of having great food and relaxing while visiting with those that we love sounded heavenly. And that is just what it turned out to be. We went to Paul and Kristine's this year with the whole Kempton clan. Paul and Kristine planned and prepared a great Thanksgiving. We were excited to see John and Jessica and their kids who were home from Texas. We miss their family so much and it was so nice to see them. Our kids enjoyed every minute they spent with all their cousins. Paul and Kristine's home is now known to our kids as the fun house. They had everything imaginable to entertain kids. It was a very enjoyable and wonderful Thanksgiving!
All the kids enjoyed playing in the spa. Before long though most of the boys ended up in the freezing pool. Oh to be a kid again.
My gorgeous niece Brooke and I
There is just something great about men and doing the dishes


Grandpa and Chase
My mother in law Sue, Paul and Christy
Chase LOVES dogs
Later that evening we went to my parents house and ate delicious leftovers and played games. Then my mom, sisters Nacole and Jodi, Steven and I went to the mall at midnight. What were we thinking. Steven and I just wanted to see what all the hype was about and holy cow it was crazy. The lines alone just to get into the mall were ridiculous. We now know to never ever go to the mall at midnight again. It was pointless. It would be one thing if there were screaming deals but they were the same deals that were going on all day. We left about 1:30am only to wake up at 4:30 am to get to all the early morning shopping fiasco's. Steven and I both love black Friday. Little side note story: We got to walmart at 5 am right when they opened. Steven dropped me off while he parked. We had a set meeting place inside so that Steven could find me when he came in. We were wanting to get a certain something for one of our kids. I found out that in order to get this certain something you had to wait in a line at the front of the store. I went to check out the line and it was of course already forever and ever and ever and ever long. I couldn't get in the line yet because Steven basically threatened me to stay in our meeting spot until he found me. So that is what I did. While I wait there for Steven I am getting furious because he was taking forever and I knew that we were never going to get what we came for because they had limited quantities. So I finally spot Steven and as I am about to lay into him asking what took him so long he has this certain something in his hand. What in the heck. How did he get one. I swear my husband can charm his way into getting anything! The rest of the morning was very successful. I was able to get all my Christmas shopping done and lasted the whole day with only 2 hours of sleep.

2 comments:

Brittney Smith said...

Amen to men and doing the dishes!! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Bradley Family said...

Yes it was crazy but fun to do it with my sisters, mom and brother n law. I will never do the mall thing but Target at 5 am and then Koles I will do again! Going 40 hours without sleep was a blast!!!lol