Monday, January 22, 2007

Snow season is here



Well there is officially snow and I don't think it is going to go away any time soon. We are really liking the snow. Except for the time that it took me an hour and twenty five minutes to get home from picking up Katon from school. Not to mention that his school is only about three streets down from our house. At least it wasn't that I was an amature driving in the snow cause everybody was stuck. Even a lot of 4x4 vehicles could not get out. The school is down a hill and nobody could get up the hill to leave. The rode was complete ice. Everybody was so nice. We were all helping in any way we could. I had two men that kept throwing tree branches under my tires to help me get traction and when I was far enough up the hill one of them helped tow me the rest of the way up. Trust me is was an ordeal. I would rather walk in the snow with my kids to pick up Katon then to go through that again. This last weekend my brothers came up and stayed with us. We were going to go to snow bowl but it didn't open up like it was supposed to so instead we went sledding and Steven and my brothers went and made their own hill and jump to snowboard down. It was a lot of fun having them here. I am surprised how much my kids love the snow. Even Kayla. They love sledding. Katon and Mikelle just take off going down hills and have a blast. Kayla even goes down the hill by herself. I love sledding down with her because she makes that wheeee sound and it is so cute but she wants to do it all her self. It has been a fun new experience living somewhere that it snows. It is nice because I can stay home all day and I don't have to feel guilty because you don't really want to go drive in the snow and be out in the freezing cold if you don't have to. I love to be in my cozy warm home with the fireplace. Steven started back up at school and can already tell that this semester is going to be tough. It was nice that he had a month long break but I think we were both ready for him to start school again. Anyway if anybody body wants to come and play in the snow just know that you have a place to stay and keep warm.

1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

Great updates, it's always fun to hear about your family. I'm a little jealous of all the snow (just a little), but I'm glad I'm not driving in it, I can't believe your story! I wish I could take my kids sledding though, that sounds like so much fun. Maybe sometime we could take a weekend trip to visit you guys...I love Katon's hair do, he's such a cutie and so nice for you to have him so independent! Enjoy that snow!